Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Hump Day Blog

Heh... I called this blog the hump day blog. What? Don't look at you computer screen like that. You know you giggled a little bit too...

Anyway. Hello Blog readers. This is Blake from "
ya'll don't wanna hear me, ya just wanna dance". That is the blog you are reading right now. I am from Georgia. This is the third posting on my debut blog here on the interweb.This blog is brought to you by the words that connect the subjects to the predicates, helping to form complete sentences. These are your helping verbs, AKA your linking verbs.

Linking verbs are as such:

You
should go read this blog
This
is the best post of the week
You could go
recommend this blog to your friends
I
would recommend this blog to my friends
You
will follow this blog

Ok... that being said. It's Wednesday. Wednesdays are kind of the awesomest day of the week. There's a lot of reasons why, but if I had to list my favorite things about the Wednesday, this is what they'd be:

  • the aforementioned fact that it is, by it's general nature of being in the middle of a week, referred to as "hump" day (presumably b/c you are over the "hump" of the week, and it's all down hill until the weekend. Or... you're a pervert)
  • It's Comic Book day
  • I can watch my DVRed episode of Lost
I'm certain there's other stuff I like about Wednesdays... but I can't think of them right now.

Let's see. what else is up?

Uh... the season finale of Big Love rocked my face off, but I do have concerns about where the show goes from here. Don't worry... I won't spoil it for anyone the way a few jerks at work ruined the end of Dexter for me.

The last book that I read that I truly loved was Chuck Klosterman's "Eating the Dinosaur". Klosterman is a journalist who will periodically publish a collection of essays about various topics in pop culture. Here's an example of why he's one of my favorite authors, in the form of excerpts from "Eating the Dinosaur":

Mind blown. Excerpt from Eating the Dinosaur. More on this later.

"Sometimes it's hard to tell if things that happened in your life only happened to you or if they happened to everyone. Every formative incident feels normal to the child who expiriences it, so sometimes it takes twenty five or thirty years to realize a particular event was singularly bizzare. For example, it took me a long time recognize that being institutionally taught to dislike disco in my second grade social studies class was deeply weird-unless, of course, this was a totally normal thing that happened to everybody in America who was born in 1972 and attended a public elementary school. I still can't tell."

Hmmm... is there anything else I'm digging right now? Yes. Yes there is. In no uncertain order:

  • The Avett Brothers
  • The Simpsons
  • The Wild Things by Dave Eggers
  • The Unwritten by Mike Carey
  • Chuck on NBC
  • Hugs
  • Mean Mugs
  • Shoulder Shrugs
  • Smoked Salmon
  • The Godfather II
  • Bad Boy Entertainment
So, what's new with all of you (besides the fact that you love my Blog, and are following it the way some obese children follow the Ice Cream truck around the neighborhood)? Reading any good books? Seen any good movies? Digging any tv? New favorite CD? I want to know!

Heart,

Blakely A-dam

Note: Special thanks to the band Reggie and the Full Effect for their song Linkin Verbz, which gave me the idea for the intro of todays post

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm a little more than half-way through Good Omens and really enjoying it.

    Have you every heard of Wakey! Wakey!? I heard some of dude's stuff on a tv show and ended up downloading it. I dig it. Other than that, I'm soo behind on music. It's pathetic. I need something new for my ears. Help a sister out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Good Omens! I just heard that Bird and the Bee did an entire album of Hall & Oates songs. I don't know whether I should be impressed, jealous, or angry.

    ReplyDelete